Monday, October 1, 2007

Great Pattern + Great Yarn

doesn't always result in a great garment. This was my Oct item but when I tried it on it didn't look good on me so the sleeves will not be added. I have yet to successfully complete a sweater. On the upside I highly recommend the Cherie Amour pattern and the designer was quick to respond when I had a question. I don't know why this didn't look good on me I'm thinking it has to do with the yarn. This is the third sweater attempt at using this yarn with no success but it makes great scarves. Back to the stash pile for this yarn. Latter today I will be updating my blog with more on this subject.

4 comments:

Pepper said...

Just a few hours ago I saw this pattern on Knitty and added it to my to knit list. Ha ha. (I'm also trying to find good "homes" for stash yarn). Glad to hear you still recommend the pattern, even though it didn't work out this time. It is beautiful yarn.

Jaye said...

Sorry it didn't work out for you, but I have to say it does look like a very pretty sweater and like you did a great job. I know what you mean, though, about having a great pattern & great yarn but the end result just isn't what you've expected. I think it's happened to us all :0(

Hoping October brings you a keeper!

Hobbygåsa said...

I think it looks great in the photo, and it is sad that you not are going to finish it. Are you absolutely shore?

Stitch-ay Woman said...

I want to knit this pattern, too, and I even bought the recommended yarn, although not in the same colorway (and was disappointed with the color I ordered.) Post your blog address because I want to read the details...