Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Panda Wool Socks

Here are my Panda Wool (bamboo/wool) socks for my October submission.


So what's new about them? In my VAST experience of knitting 3 pair of socks before these, I have always followed a pattern exactly. These are the first socks I've knitted where I branched out and sort of made them up as I went along. I chose a 4-stitch rib pattern from Sensational Knitted Socks

AND varied the heel for a wide heel, as per the instructions in that book. I made a mistake in doing the heel flap, but it looked OK, just different--so I did the same thing on the mate. And I did the Kitchner Stitch on the 2nd one from memory (that is HUGE for me).

For November? I might actually seam up the UFO that lurks in the closet. That would be the 1st completed non-scarfy, sock, shawl, hat, mitten (ummmm, maybe it's called a . . . sweater?) that I've ever COMPLETED.

4 comments:

Hobbygåsa said...

Nice, sort of candy like colors! And the pattern is great - well done!

Unknown said...

You did a great job changing the pattern!! They look great!!! =)
Kisses, Claudia

Jaye said...

These are so pretty. It's it fun playing around with socks?

I love the colourway you picked out and the stitch pattern, both very feminine. Just lovely!

Samantha said...

Very nice sock! I have that book and need to use it.