Saturday, September 1, 2007

My August Project is Done!

For my August project I decided to finally design a MutiDirectional Sock using Iris Schreier's MD method. This is something I have been thinking about doing for two years now but never got around to it. This is my first attempt at designing a pattern. I wasn't sure how to present this so I took pictures of the various parts of the sock design. I will be doing the full scale model for my September project. Here is the leg of the sock using triangles to transition from the ribbing to the diamonds.

The reason I love Iris' MD method is the stitches are not bound off so there is no picking up stitches and no tails to weave in at the end. This shows the detail in the gusset area of the sock which was a challenge for me to come up with a way to do MD knitting on the sides while working the bottom of the foot.

My last picture is of the final MD Round leading into the toe decreases.Well there you have it my August project completed. I'm new to all this so I'm sorry for it being so long and picture intensive.
Tina M


Kristina B said...

Amazing! I'm so impressed. I can't even spell "sock"! ;-)

Tina in Wonderland said...

Great job designing that sock! Your pattern looks great, love the directional flow! Cool!

Stitch-ay Woman said...

WOW! What an ambitious project! Congrats--they look great.