Tuesday, September 25, 2007

September project on the needles

I have finally started on my September project. My project was to knit something with pre yarn. A shawl is on the needles.
Someone asked what a pre yarn is. It`s when the wool is at a stage between carding and spinning. The pre yarn can be used for knitting or decorative felting. I´t can be knitted alone or together with spun yarn. The pre yarn is very very soft, and I love it. There is probably another word for it in English. Please tell me which one. Now I have to hurry to get done before september 30.
Good luck with your projects everyone.

7 comments:

Knit and fall back in it said...

Very pretty. It even looks soft.

Kristina B said...

Beautiful!!!

Samantha said...

Lovely! I would call what you are working with roving. If others want to know more about it google knitting with roving.

Anonymous said...

Wow! That's so beautiful!
It does look really soft. =]

Hobbygåsa said...

Gosh that is beautiful! I have never used that yarn but it is very popular to knit from it here in Norway in these days. Looking forward to see it finished!

Tina in Wonderland said...

That is looking very nice!!

Hey, I learned something because I didn't even know you could knit with prespun roving! Cool!

Jaye said...

I can't wait to see this finished. It's so beautiful; looks so soft and comfy!