Saturday, August 4, 2007

Introductions and Confessions

I'm so glad to have found this KAL! I'm Chelle, I live in Oregon with my husband, two kids and two cats. I'm a labor and postpartum doula, and I'm working my way through midwifery school.

I tell people I'm a knitter, and I DO knit, honest I do, but my confession is that I'm really more of a yarn collector. I did this with sewing too. Not much sewing going on. I have the machine, all the special tools, but ooooo I love to gather and hoard the pretty pretty fabric.

I also gather patterns. As if their potential will just magically join with the yarn (and the fabric) and make pretty things.

So, my first goal here is to actually USE some of this yarn in the stash and make something. Socks, hats, scarves...whatever.

My second goal is to make a sweater. I've always wanted to try it, and just never have. But the goal there is two-fold, first to buy enough yarn for a particular sweater, and then to actually USE that yarn to make the sweater and not just keep it in my basket, periodically fondling it.

If I get really crazy, I may also try some colorwork.

Thanks for letting me join you folks. This will be fun!

- Chelle

2 comments:

Jaye said...

hehehe, you sound just like me! I'm so happy to see someone else here who has some of the same...er...addictions I do ;0)
Welcome, Chelle!

Tina in Wonderland said...

So your a Doula! How cool! I've always thought that that must be one of the best jobs ever. I know midwifes are getting really popular here in Kentucky, and I wish they had been around when I had my kids.

Can't wait to see what you knit up! I bet you have one heck of a stash!