Wednesday, August 22, 2007

:-O !!!

Well, I started cataloguing my yarn stash at 8:30 pm on Sunday night, and I was ready to add up the total yardage on the Excel spreadsheet at 7:00 am on Monday. The results blew my mind, man.
Total yards: 91,045
In miles, that is: 51.73 miles.
(82.76 kilometers, for our friends outside the United States.)
Yeah-- and if you are shocked, imagine my surprise! Good Lord.
I am still on the waiting list for Ravelry, but I do have the stash stats at my fingertips now...as soon as I get my tickers up and the rules for the stashbust challenge on my blog, I will be ready for my well-earned "A" for August!
11,700 yards are going out the door tomorrow morning (in a swap and-- mostly-- to Value Village) but that still leaves me with 79,000 yards. Time to finish those UFOs, all right! I think I am all set with entertainment for some time to come.

3 comments:

Hobbygåsa said...

Wow, you really have to do some serious knitting! And not buy any more yarn for a long time.... Here in Norway we have KAL's for "slim your yarn store" - do you have this in the US?

Kristina B said...

hey Stitchay (and hobbygasa!):

thanks for the info in km for us Canadians and other commonwealth types... !! That is pretty wild. I wonder what my metrage is...!!

Hobbygasa: I think there are KALs for "stashbusting" (as I call it)... I had tried to set one up in February but it never got off the ground. For my part, the more I stashbust, the more I go out and buy new stuff (because of all that "extra space". SIGH. ;)

Hobbygåsa said...

As I said earlier - I have a strange way with words sometimes... If I not know the word, I just try to explain it (big smile) And that is a part of the fun joining the US KAL's- I learn more english too. Thank you for the word (even bigger smile)to Kristina B.